STEPS TO JOIN THE DEB
- Select the "DEB Forms" top menu from the DEB website and choose, "Request to Join". After filling out the application and clicking on the "Submit" button on the bottom of the form, it will route to the Director of the DEB Program.
- A short meeting will then be set up by email, during which an overview of the Program will be discussed so that both parties can become familiar with each other.
- The application will then be emailed to the DEB Executive Committee as well as the DEB Student Representative to vote on the new membership.
- If approved, a formal email will be sent to the student welcoming them into the Program as well as informing them of membership expecations.
- DEB students are required to turn in yearly DEB Student Progress Reports which consists of DEB courses taken, QE committee information (if completed), etc.
- Attending the yearly Biotechnology Training Retreat (bus provided) in Napa.
- Volunteering occassionally for one of the Biotechnology events.
- DEB students may request to interact with a DEB/ECH 294 Friday Seminar speaker during lunch following the seminar. This is an excellent opportunity for the student to network, especially if they are interested in an internship with the speaker's company.
- Poster presentation opportunities.
- Opportunity to present research during one of the Program's Pizza Chalk Talks.
- Information will be disseminated to students relating to special workshops and classes offered (i.e. Data Analysis, Reproducibility, CV Creation and Career Development, Flow Cytometry, etc.)